A Tuscan native made this dish for Robert when he lived in Genoa. This dish was originally cooked with rabbit and is substitute here with chicken. It became our favorite dish to make when we feel lazy but still strive for the uncompromising flavors and a wholesome meal. It is incredibly delicious and easy to make, our version of fast food.
Tuscan Rosemary Chicken with PotatosPrint Recipe
- Olive oil, 3-4 tablespoons
- Chicken, use thighs or legs. The breasts tend to get very dry if they are baked until the skins are crisp.
- Small potatoes, quantity as desired. Use German butterballs, French fingerlings, Banana Fingerlings or Pee Wee, to name a few.
- Sea salt, fresh ground.
- Black pepper, freshly ground.
- Fresh rosemary, a few tweaks. We were able to harvest with some rosemary blossoms here and they our plate look absolutely exquisite.
Preheat oven at 370 for 10-15 minutes
Drip generous amount of olive oil on a baking tray.
Place chicken and potatoes in the tray
Season Chicken with salt and pepper
Place rosemary tweaks on top of chicken and spread evenly in the tray.
Put baking try in the oven and bake until chicken skin is crispy, about 35-40 minutes
Remove from oven and serve.